Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waking up to thought of a 5th floor walk up is enough to just want to fall right back asleep. We had to move all of our things up five flights of stairs into a smaller apartment. After we moved our things in Mariah and I looked up some vintage shops and thrift stores in the village. Then we set of after our doing our homework on shops around the area and the first place we stopped I had been before. The last time I was here in New York I bought a original Grateful Dead concert shirt at this vintage shop, it was the expensive t-shirt I ever bought and it had holes in it, but that didn’t matter. These kind of stores are my favorite kind of place to shop because you know if you by a shirt or something there that it is very unlikely that anyone else will have that shirt. Actually my favorite store that we stopped at was urban outfitter because of their novelty items. Then we ate at a really good pizza shop and eventually made our way back to the apartment to chill out for a bit before we headed up town to Time Square and Columbus Circle to do some more shopping. When we got to the square we went into a couple shoe places, but we could not quite find what we are looking for. Then we went up to Columbus Square to the 5-story mall. Not far up the street from the mall there was a Best Buy where I bought some things for my computer that I needed. Eventually we made our way back to the apartment and I was a fairly uneventful night.

1 comment: