Sunday, January 24, 2010

This morning my mother and I had to get up pretty early to go way uptown to a church to help serve lunch to over 200 people in need. This New Cares project was the biggest one I have been to. There were a lot of volunteers helping out at this church. The church it was held in is the largest church in North American and I can believe it. It was massive; it looked like something from Europe. After we finished with the project my mother and I took the bus all the way back downtown to the West Village. She wanted to sit down somewhere and eat, but today was my fourth day in a row doing New York Cares projects and I had no energy. So I told that I was just going to grab some pizza, go back to the apartment and eat it then take a long nap. That is exactly what I did and when I woke up we watched the NFL playoffs until it was time for bed. I have to admit it was nice to not be going a thousand miles an hour and just being able to have a regular Sunday with pizza, naps, and football just like back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment