Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I woke up today at the crack of 11:30am and immediately felt the urge to walk the streets and get my bearings again in this tall city. It surprisingly did not take long at all to figure out my way around the village, but midtown or the time square area was a different story. After much trial and error we all eventually figured out our way around midtown. We were all sent to midtown to learn how to find and buy tickets to the Broadway shows. Our first stop was at 240 44th st to get tickets for a play I had never heard of. The play was called “39 Steps” and I had no idea what it was going to be about. Then we zig zagged our way up to 111 48th st to check on a show called “The Understudy”. We found out the information that we needed and headed back to the apartment. That is when all the fun started. While we trying to get into our apartment the doorknob to our door decided to just fall off leaving us was no way to get in. After a few calls everything was sorted out and we eventually fitted with a new knob and lock. Then we proceeded back up to midtown on the one train to go to “39 Steps”. Like I said I had no idea what it was going to be like other than all my other classmates really wanted to see it. It was absolutely hilarious and I was very happy that my first on Broadway show was comedy. The show was a slapstick style collection of all the Alfred Hitchcock’s movies with it’s own personal story plot. All in all the day was full of excitement from the doorknob to show, but as usual everything tents to work itself out and no real bad things happened which always makes for a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Baby, I am so happy you are here! You are - as always - my prince. I am so glad we get to experience the city together once again.

    ReplyDelete