Thursday, January 14, 2010

Once again I’m writing this in the past-tense form because I was too tired and just not feel like blogging last night.

When I woke up I remembered that it was a “museum day” or that’s what it said in our syllabus for this class. Most of the morning we brainstormed for ideas for what to do to accommodate our “museum day” and some of us decided to go to the Museum of Fashion. I didn’t really know what to expect when going to the museum, but I actually kind of enjoyed seeing how the styles have changed in the last couple hundred years. After the museum we went to Canal Street to do some shopping at the shops that line the busy street. I have to say I was kind of uncomfortable on Canal Street because their were a lot of sketchy people trying to sell me illegal drugs among other things I don’t need to mention in the middle of the day. Then we went to go eat in China Town and that did not go very smoothly either. It was a $4.50 Chinese buffet and I knew even from the outside that I didn’t want to eat there, but others in our group thought it was a good idea. Needless to say they changed their minds by the end. That pretty much rapped up the day and we made the sketchy walk back down Canal Street to get to the number 1 subway. We made it back to the apartment safe and sound and a story to tell.

1 comment: