Monday, January 11, 2010

Today I headed over to my mother’s apartment to see my aunt Jenny who came into town from Baltimore. We went and ate at a franchise called “Five Guys” it was a burger joint and was really good but very greasy. Then my aunt and I went for a walk, not really on a mission, but we found a record shop that was pretty cool. After perusing through their record section we walked around in a loop. We stopped at to get some coffee and just sat and caught up on things. When we finished our coffee we had to get back to the apartment to go to our orientation for the New York Cares program. The New York Cares orientation was very insightful and got me pretty fired up about helping the community, I think this program will be good for everybody involved and it is a wonderful program that that has been around for over twenty years. After the orientation we came back to the apartment so my mom could talk about some things for the class. Then I got a great deli sandwich from around the corner. I will be off to bed soon because we have to move into another apartment tomorrow morning and I need to start going to bed earlier and wake earlier after all I am in New York City.

1 comment:

  1. what r u signing up for? I can't wait to work with you :)

    ReplyDelete