Thursday, January 21, 2010

I just like movies better

On Tuesday Jon and both knew that we needed to check off things on our “to-do list”, so we decided to go to Battery Park and get a distant view of The Statue of Liberty. I guess last time at Battery Park I did not look around very much because I noticed things that I did not see before. For instance I had no idea that they had names from people that served in the Navy and Air Force. I also did not notice the old Navy brick cannon bunker that has been there since pre WWII. It was pretty foggy out, but we could still see the outline of The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Jon and I both pitched in to donate money to a group of guys that were raising money for a youth basketball team in Harlem. Then we made our way back to the apartment to get so grub and see what the others were doing. I got the idea of going to a movie because frankly I have seen enough theater to last me a lifetime and I’m way more into film then I am into theater. So Jon and I made our way to the Movie Theater to see “The Book of Eli” which go great reviews and that is always good for me because I’m kind of a movie snob. Now I loved Denzel Washington in “Philadelphia” and “Hurricane” and I thought those were his best roles in his career yet, but I was proven wrong after going to see “ The Book of Eli”. I can’t tell you much about the movie because I do not want to give anything away, but I strongly recommend this movie to anyone that appreciates a good cinematic adventure. Quite literally Jon and I were speechless after we left the movie theater because of awe of what we just saw. That was a pretty great way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment