Friday, January 29, 2010

To be quite honest this last week went by so fast that it is a pretty big blur of what things I did on what days in turn I got fairly far behind on my blogging, now for the sake of time I’m to just make a blog for the week.

I do remember on Monday we went to the Fountain House for a tour. You may be asking yourself what The Fountain House is and so was I until midway through our tour of their facilities. From what I gathered through our tour The Fountain House is a place where people with metal illnesses can come and work and become functioning members of society. That is why I was confused because it looks and is a full-fledged employment facility with many employees, but the employees just happen to have in some way or another a mental illness.

At some point in the week we ate at Café Habana, which is a Cuban restaurant and in my opinion one of the best in the city. Our waitress was hands down one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. I don’t even know how do describe her so I wont because I don’t believe I could do her justice. I know on Wednesday Haley and I went to the Dakota again, which is were John Lennon was shot and then we walked through the park for most of the afternoon. On Thursday Jon and I went to the Museum of Natural History and it was amazing. I had no idea that there was even a museum that big that existed. Most of the exhibits were taxidermies of real animals from across the world and of course many castings of dinosaur bones.

Luckily today is fresh in my mind and I can tell you most of what I did. To start the day we had a late lunch with my mother at Café Habana again because the people that went before and the ones that didn’t really wanted to go. I especially wanted to go to see if the beautiful waitress was working again and she was. I know it’s impolite to stair, but once again I could not take my eyes off of this women. Eventually she caught me looking at I was embossed, but she smiled every time she saw me looking at her. So at the end of the meal with nothing to loose because I leave tomorrow and will never see her again I told her how I felt about her. When I approached her she knew that I wanted to say something to her so she met me half way through the restaurant. She smiled and said “can I help you” and I said “I don’t know if this is going to mean anything to you, but I have been in this city for over a month and you are by far the most beautiful women I have seen” she smiled and called me cute and told me that I made her week. Then she thanked be but I told her “no, thank you” and I walked out of the small cramped corner restaurant and I knew I would probably never see her again. Then the group us went to do some last minute shopping and stopped at a coffee shop that had the best cupcakes in town. They actually were voted the best cupcakes in town and they deserve that award, they were amazing and filling. Later in day Mariah and I went to Canal Street to get some last minute NYC novelty souvenirs to give people back home for gifts, the street shops were closed up for the night. After a short time also shopping around Union Square we went home. Once we got there we began to pack all of things up and clean the apartment. Now it’s two in the morning and we are all still awake and have to be up and ready to go in less than five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment